Video Marketing Stats
In a world where reading has become less, yet consumption of data has grown exponentially – we are all learning by sight and visuals. So we thought lets feed this blog with ‘take-home’ Video Marketing Stats – those bullet point facts which will help any marketeer confidently confirm why videos are not the future – they are NOW (to read an article on NOW marketing).
- Using the word “video” in your subject heading when writing an email boosts open rates by 19%
- 69% of marketing, sales and business professionals are using video marketing.
- 96% of companies plan to use videos for their business this year.
- 78% of people watch videos every week 55% of people watch videos every day.
- 57% of internet traffic was video in 2015.
- In 2017 69% of internet traffic is video, in 2018 79% of internet traffic will be video (prediction).
- 81% of companies feature video on their website (and benefit from doing so).
- 52% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI.
Videos in Social
- Facebook is aggressively moving into the video space, and launching Facebook Watch. Has certainly proven this.
- In December 2014, Facebook surpassed YouTube in views for the first time, and we predict YouTube will lose share from next year onwards.
- What kind of video does well on Facebook?
Andrew Webb, duty editor of the BBC Shorts 15-second news video service, has these tips:
- Assume people cannot hear your videos. They often play automatically, without sound. Tell the story with on-screen text that explains what viewers are seeing.
- If the video includes a sound bite, the text should summarise what is said, using some of the same words.
- Do not put in too much detail. The BBC generally runs three sentences, up to three lines long, over 12 seconds.
- Find out how different apps crop thumbnail images and where they superimpose play buttons and icons. Design text and images that fit – even though this can be a real headache.
- Using music can add pace to a video, but make sure you have the rights.
Videos on web
- 52% of all web traffic is video (according to industry watchdog eMarketer).
- 38% of Google Universal Search results included video (Comscore).
- More than 70% of all web visitors watch online video (NY Times).
- The average YouTube visitor spends 27 minutes per day watching video.
- Because video is so popular, video links and clips often show up before other content (Google ranks it 53x higher).
- Search engines visit video sites every few minutes, so your Videos will Appear in Google in minutes after you submit, not days or weeks as is the case using conventional SEO/SEM tactics.
Videos in business
- An Australian real estate group reports that real estate listings with videos receive 403% more inquiries than those without videos. In other words, real estate ads with videos generate quadruple the leads of those without videos.
- One AimClear study showed that search results with video have a “41% higher click- through rate than plain text.” This happens primarily because of rich-video snippets beside search results.
- James McQuivey said, “A video is worth 1.8 million words,” and he wasn’t just being cheeky. If a picture is worth a thousand words, and video shoots at 30 frames per second, then a 60-second video really does contain the equivalent of 1.8 million words. – online attention span is 8 seconds.
The Stats Behind Valuable Video Content
- At first glance, taking on the challenge of adding video to your content marketing mix might seem enormous to say the least.
So why would you want to take on such a mammoth task?
- Video generates 3x as many monthly visitors to a website as other content.
- Visitors spend 88% more time on a website that includes videoOrganic traffic from search engines increases by 157% with video.
- Consumers are 46% more likely to seek information about a product or service after seeing in an online video.
- Customers are 85% more likely to buy after watching a product video.
- Consumers have 57% more confidence in their online purchase with video.
If you have any Video Marketing Stats to add or comment on this blog post, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Hopefully you’ve found this article helpful – to read about How To Create An Awesome Video Marketing Strategy click here.
Socially found @travallworld